Cost for renting/ buying
The average price to rent a studio apartment in the center is 465.92€ per month (outside the city center the price is 346.14€), and for a three-bedroom apartment in the center it is 791.18€ per month (545.60€ outside the center). The average price per square meter for buying an apartment in the city centre is 1,883.67€ and it is 1,412.25€ outside the center of Quebec City.
Where to go / what to do
Housing prices in Quebec City are among the lowest of Canada’s major metropolitan regions. In Québec, the rental contract, called a “lease”, usually expires on June 30 of every year, which means that the best time to look for a place to live is March, April and May. If you intend to rent or buy a house in Québec City make sure to get in touch with the regional office of the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (2590 boulevard Laurier, Place de la Cité – Tour Belle Cour, 9th floor, suite 900, T 001 418 649 8080, schl.ca), the office is backed by more than 65 years of experience.
Maintenance and repair
Here some useful links you may need to solve any domestic problem:
- Electricity: Hydro-Québec
75 René-Lévesque Blvd. West
T 001 800 790 2424
- Gas: GazMétro
T 001 800 875-6202
- Telephone and internet: BELL
1171 boul Charest O
T 001 418 687 2121
- Waste and water: Québec
T 001 418 641 6010
Small towns closed to the city
- Lévis is a city in eastern Quebec, Canada. It is located on the south shore of the St. Lawrence River, opposite Quebec City. A ferry links Old Quebec with Old Lévis, and two bridges, the Quebec Bridge and the Pierre Laporte Bridge, connect western Lévis with Quebec City.
- Fossambault-sur-le-Lac is a French-speaking city just north of Quebec City. It is located near Lake Saint-Joseph.
- Saint-Raymond, also called Saint-Raymond de Portneuf, is located about 63 kilometres north-west of Quebec City. The city is developed mostly around the wood industry and was founded in the first half of the 1800.
- Montmagny is located south shore of the Saint Lawrence River east of Quebec City and was founded more than 350 years ago, this is Canada’s Snow Goose Capital. Festivals in town include the international accordion festival in September and the festival of the Snow Geese in October.